Saturday, May 2, 2009

Catching Up!

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks, I have been sick and just can't seem to get over it. I think my lack of sleep has something to do with it. Ryan seems to be getting sick quite often too. Not sure if it's because he isn't exposed to as many different germs on a daily basis although he has his brother around who goes to pre-school.

As we approach summer, we are busy finishing up with school, Awana at church, and my mom's MOPs group. I don't really know why, but I feel sad that Sean is almost finished with school. I really like his teachers and I will miss them next year. I'll be a wreck when he goes to Kindergarten.



Not too much new here. Derek went to a church men's retreat with his friend last weekend and he really enjoyed it. It was nice for him to get away in Northern Colorado and relax and spend some time with the guys. He's finished with MBA classes until the fall and he just finished teaching last week. He'll teach one more class this summer.

I worked at my mom's group bargain sale and it was a lot of fun. It was actually the first time that I had been away from Ryan for like 4 hours. He was cranky, but he was also starting to get sick I think. Overall, he's been doing much better with the separation anxiety issue. I've been trying to get into workout routine, but it's really hard. Something always seems to come up: Ryan needs a nap, Ryan needs to be fed, someone is sick, etc. I promise I'm not trying to make excuses! :-)

Sean has enjoyed playing outside in the mud. When he plays outside, it takes me 10 minutes just to clean him up. His new thing is to take a nap on his floor. He takes all of the animals from his bed (big mess!) and sleeps with them on the floor. I've included a picture of this below.




Ryan has been trying to crawl and this past week he started to crawl; well kind of. It was sort of a scoot and when he does get on all fours, he goes backwards. We tried giving Ryan a Popsicle and he freaked out and just started crying! He wanted it, but would cry when he would hold it because it was too cold. You can see from the picture below that he wasn't very happy.


The weather has been up and down as usual. Last week we were wearing shorts and playing outside all day and the last few days have been cold and rainy. The forecast for next week is warm and we are excited!


No comments: