Christmas was so much fun this year! I think Derek and I were just as excited as the boys! I could hardly sleep the night before. Grams slept on the couch by the tree waiting for the boys to come down! Thankfully, the boys slept until their normal time so they weren't up too early.
We found a toy kitchen over the summer at a garage sale at a great deal and it was in near perfect condition. We had it ready for the boys as they walked downstairs on Christmas morning. Once Ryan saw it, he just starting playing and didn't even want to open any other presents at first. Sean was full of energy and so excited! He got several board games, a Star Wars blaster gun and figures, Playdoh sets, cars, pajamas, savings bonds, and some movies.
Ryan's favorite gift (besides the kitchen), was a set of Mickey Mouse books. Good last minute find Daddy! Every time Ryan opened a gift he would say "ooh" - it was so cute.
Grams and Gramps also gave the boys these interactive hamster toys called "Zhu-Zhus". I guess they are hard to find. Anyway, the boys really love them and laugh at all of the noises they make. Sean named his "GI Joe".
I think the boys were overwhelmed by the experience and were tired pretty early on in the day. Around 11 am, I found Ryan with his pacifier and blankie laying on the kitchen floor trying to fall asleep! I've never seen that before!
We are very thankful to God for his love and blessings. It's so easy to be pre-occupied at Christmas time with shopping, parties, cooking, etc. This is one of my favorite songs (year round) called "How Many Kings" by Downhere that is a great reminder of God's love for us and the true meaning of Christmas. What an awesome God!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iSivQmzJ_w
No comments:
Post a Comment