Sunday, September 21, 2008

And the numbers are in...

Ryan went to the doctor on Wednesday and here are his new stats at 2months and 1 week old:


11.1 pounds (47th percentile)
22.5 inches (46th percentile)



I was surprised that he had gained so much weight, but happy that he's growing so well! I looked back in Sean's baby book and he was the exact same weight at this age - I couldn't believe it. Sean was usually also right around average (50th percentile) for his weight and height. I recall a visit to the doctor when Sean was a baby and Derek and I were a little concerned that he was underweight. The doctor took a look at me and a look at Derek and said that we shouldn't expect to get an elephant from 2 mice. It made us laugh!
Ryan is more alert now and just this weekend started to grab for a toy hanging from his bouncy seat. He smiles a lot more and has starting talking to us. He's struggling a bit with taking naps in his crib, but we're working on it. He still sleeps in his bassinet at night. We hope to transition him to his crib at bedtime next weekend - please keep us in your prayers!

Next doctor's appointment - 4 months!






No comments: