Sean is growing up so fast and he says some of the smartest things! I just can't believe his thought process and how fast he changed from my "baby" to a "big boy who can walk" as he calls himself. (That is opposed to a baby like Ryan who can't walk yet!) Don't be fooled, he does still have his baby moments and we remember that he is only 3 and a half years old.
Back in December, I entered Sean in a coloring contest and just the other day we received a coupon for a free kid's meal at Chick-Fil A and an honorable mention certificate. We were all really excited. Pretty good for a 3 year old boy! He was very happy to get the coupon for the kid's meal because Chick-Fil A is his favorite place to eat.
On occasion, he also gets to take a bath in mommy and daddy's big bathtub and he would stay in there for hours playing if we let him. He likes to take his Star Wars action figures in the tub and sets them up strategically.
Just when we thought it was spring and the weather would start to get warm, we were hit with a big storm today with a prediction of anywhere from 6-24 inches. Big spread, huh? That's how the predictions work here in Colorado Springs. We could get half an inch or a foot of snow, you just never know. It also depends on the part of town that you live in. We tend to get less snow than where Derek works. Most of the schools shut down and many employers sent people home early. We were so happy when daddy came home at 3:00. Who knows, it could be 70 degrees here in a couple of days! Here's what it looked like early into the storm:
Onto Ryan... he has been sick with a cough and I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and they said that he has RSV. Thankfully, it's not a really severe case and has not moved into his chest which can be very dangerous for little babies. He has been miserable this week and we've been stuck at home. He (and I) have gotten very little sleep and I'm feeling sick too. Poor Sean has had to deal with us and has been stuck in the house on his spring break from pre-school. I think he's starting to go stir crazy. Everyone knows that Ryan is not good sleeper, especially at night. Well, since he's been sick it has gotten worse and I've allowed bad habits like tending to him every time he cries and feeding him in the middle of the night. It's only been a couple of days and he already thinks its the norm now and so once he's completely better I have to try and help him to sleep on his own and stop waking through the night. I just feel at a loss, because he is so stubborn about sleeping at night! Please pray for me and Derek regarding this, we need it!
No comments:
Post a Comment