The other day I decided to take the boys on a trip to the zoo. We were supposed to go last week with some friends, but it was windy and cold (that's Colorado weather, you never know what you will wake up to!). Well, the morning started off rough because I was running later than I wanted to and when I got to the zoo there were tons of people! I wanted to turn around and go home. I'm not a fan of crowds, but decided to go anyway because Sean was really excited to go and I wanted to go before school got out and it becomes even more crowded. Thankfully, the crowds dispersed after not too long and we had a fun time. The weather was perfect and I got a good workout (the zoo is on a mountain so I was pushing a double stroller uphill for much of the visit!). Ryan even napped a bit in the stroller.




One of our favorite things to do at the zoo is to feed the giraffes. They have several beautiful giraffes and they love to eat crackers! They come right up to you and you can even touch them while they snack away. It was extremely busy in the morning so we had to push through crowds (with a double stroller) to feed them, but we came back in the afternoon and fed them some more before we left. They weren't as hungry, but we managed to lure a couple of them! The Gorillas at this zoo are so amazing. They sit right next to the glass window of their exhibit and stare at you. I got one of them to put it's hand to the window to mine and he also tapped on the window for me. Ryan liked the Gorillas too and just stared at them intently. Sean enjoyed petting a baby wallaby. 


No comments:
Post a Comment