Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Trip to the Pumpkin Farm

A couple of weeks ago (I know, I'm late in posting!) we took Sean to a local farm for his first school field trip. The weather was a bit cool and very breezy, but we had a good time. Ryan stayed bundled up in the hotsling and he slept the entire time we were there.




Sean got to pet a huge hog and a pony and saw some chickens and piglets. He also got to shuck beans. The best part of the trip was when Sean got to pick his very own pumpkin from the patch. The farm had just one rule: kids must be able to carry their pumpkin by them self. Sean went to the very end of the pumpkin field and found the perfect pumpkin. It was a little big, but he could carry it. To help him out, Daddy carried Sean while he held the pumpkin (that way we didn't break the rule!
After the field trip, we let Sean choose where he wanted to eat lunch and he chose a local pizza place called Fargos. It's an old fashioned restaurant and a fun (and inexpensive place) to take your family.

The weather this weekend was beautiful. I don't think we'll have a day this warm until next year! The weather can change quickly here - it was freezing earlier in the week and now we're outside enjoying the warm sun! The one thing that I've learned about living in Colorado is to dress in layers.

No comments: