Sunday, March 8, 2009

Guy's Night Out

Sorry that I've been delayed in posting over the last couple of weeks! Things have been busy and we've been battling sickness, but I'm back now!

A couple of weeks ago on a Friday night I went to a jewelry party with my friend. I took Ryan with me, well, because I have to take him everywhere because he is attached to me! Very frustrating at times, but that's a subject for another blog entry. Derek decided that he would take Sean out for his first "guy's night out". We told Sean about it early in the week and that is all he talked about for the whole week. Each night, he would ask me "Is it guys night tonight?". He was also sure to tell me that I could not go because I was girl and that Ryan could not go because he can't walk yet. On that night, he waited patiently at the door for daddy to come home and as soon as Derek walked in, Sean was ready to leave. Sean really enjoyed this special night with his daddy. They went to his favorite place for dinner, Chick-Fil A and then went to Target to look at action figures. Derek let him pick out a toy and a book. When I got home he was in bed already, but the next morning he was so excited to tell me about his special night with daddy. Derek and I want to try and have these "date nights" every few months with each of the boys so they can spend time alone with just mommy or daddy or even both us.

No comments: